Sunday, February 1, 2009

Struggling and discouraged

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't written soon than this but I have been very disgusted with myself and the whole process. I had my first fill and then saw the doctor 2 weeks later which was about a week and a half a go for a second fill. I have noticed no difference from either of them and I'm eating quite a bit of food. I guess I had something in my head telling me when I did this is was going to be really easy and its not by any means. I am still struggling with my food addiction and my compulsive eating. I have to continue to determine when I think I'm hungry if its mental or physical and so far the mental is winning. I'm also still having a problem not drinking while I'm having my meals. I'm not eating the way I was eating before the surgery, my body couldnt' hold that much food I don't think at this point but Dr. Bass and Tiffany told me not to get discouraged, that its normal until they get me in the "green zone" which is eating a small portion of food for a meal and getting satisfied and not being hungry in between my meals. I'm really looking forward to that time. I'm down 13 pounds but its been 2 months today since surgery and I think it could be at least double that.
Would I do the surgery if I had it to do over again with what I know at this very moment, ABSOLUTELY!!! If I hadn't had the surgery I would probaby be 13 pounds heavier so its working, I just can't expect miracles overnight. It took a long time to put the weight on and it will take a while to get it back off.
Please hang in there with me and keep watching the posts. I see the doctor again this Thursday for a 3rd fill and I hope that will make at least a small difference from the last 2.
Have a great week and see you in the posts soon, DeAnna

2 comments:

Carolyn Albro said...

Awww hun, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time. But as you said, you just have to hang in there. Thirteen pounds is incredible, certainly nothing to beat yourself up over (and a lot more than what I've lost in the same amount of time)

Unknown said...

Hi Deanna
Sorry you are feeling a little down at the moment, however, keep going, you are DOING well!
Thinking of you
Hugs
Jan