Thursday, January 8, 2009

I had my first fill today

Today was my doctors appt. for my first fill... First of all the great news, I have lost just shy of 18 pounds which I'm very happy and excited about. Been a long time since I have lost that amount of weight. I'm 321.4 and can't wait to get to 299. :)
Dr. Bass used a little ultrasound machine to make sure of the location of the port and added 2 cc's to it. He said I may not notice a change at all or I would notice some, everyone is different. I see him again in 2 weeks to see if I'm noticing it, if not, he will add some more.
I noticed some of the people in a laband group that I'm in http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/floridabandsters/ were posting about their bands being tight and I couldn't figure out what in the world they were talking about so instead of asking them, I knew I was seeing the doctor this morning and I asked him, he said its actually a very good question. He said that most of the time, the patients that feel that is a pain in the center of the chest under the breasts and it feels like liquids or foods are sitting in there and not going down. They said its very important to keep the throat and esophygus lubricated with fluids and that will help that from happening. The ones that feel it in the mornings is because they have gone all night while sleeping with no liquids going down.
One of the problems I have been having and really the main one is, I am used to drinking from the time I get up in the mornings until I go to bed at night and its been hard for me to NOT drink while I'm eating my meals. I haven't done it much at all since surgery so I'm not giving my pouch the time for me to feel the "full feeling". I have to work on that most of all.
I told them I'm feeling hungry all the time and they said that is very normal. It could take up to 5 fills Dr. Bass said to get me in the "green zone" which is being satisfied with small amounts of food and not wanting to snack in between meals. Of course, I still have to deal with the mental hunger that I have from being used to eating all day long and whatever I want.
I'm on the right path and very happy that I made the decision to have the surgery.
Until next time, hugs and blessings to you all
DeAnna

6 comments:

christina d said...

OUTSTANDING!!! I am glad it's going so well. Keep up the good work! See you on the groups!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

So proud of you GF! Keep shedding!

Debra McWilliam said...

Nice job, DeAnna! It's going to be soooo worth it.

Carolyn Albro said...

Ohhhh this is SUCH great news : ) Keep up the good work, you're doing SO well : )

Lourdes said...

Hi DeAnna,
Glad to hear things are going good and your losing more.
I had my surgery yesterday. I feel great other than the GAS pain.
But this too shall pass. LOL no pun intended LOL
Keep up the good work!!
Lou

Elena said...

That is so great Deanna. I can't wait for you to lose more weight!! I am so glad it is working for you!