Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Update on my progress

Well, its been a while since I posted again, been very discouraged, today is 4 months since I had my surgery and I'm finally in the 'green" zone where they want me. I have my 4th fill last Thursday, another 2ccs and I'm on able to eat a small portion of food and am getting full and really not thinking about eating, yesterday I actually forgot to eat lunch and wasn't really too hungry at dinner time. No snacks in between which I'm very proud of. Since last Wednesday the scale says I have lost 7 pounds so I'm happy with that. I'm just glad that I'm finally going in the right direction. The doctor did tell me if could take up to 5 fills to get me where I need to be. I have been telling everyone that wanted to know why the band wasn't working that its not the band really that is not working. I didn't have enough fill in the band yet to help me get full and not want to eat and also I honestly was not doing what I was supposed to be doing. I was hungry so I was eating and I was eating things I wasn't supposed to eat. I was also drinking my green tea with my meals and I'm supposed to go 30 minutes before a meal, during my meal, and 30 minutes after my meal WITHOUT liquids. That is hard for me since most of you that know me know I have a bottle of tea in my hand at all times. lol.... I'm just glad to be on the right track and I'll post more often on how I'm doing as I go. I see Dr. Bass again on April 23rd and I'll post my progress and a new photo at that time.
Hope everyone is well and thanks for keeping track of me, it means alot and I appreciate all the inspirational emails I have received too.

1 comment:

Carolyn Albro said...

Still faithfully following your journey : ) 7 pounds in a week is certainly nothing to be discouraged about. Keep it up and that's 30 pounds a month!!! Holy smokes! Can't wait to hear your next update, I'm real curious to know what your total weight loss is so far.