Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Checking in for an update


Just checking in to say hi to my blog followers and post a picture my boyfriend Ron took of me last Wednesday night the 10th, before a Christmas party with my cardmaking group that meets every Wednesday at our local Bettys Stamp Pad. They all went to Olive Garden and then back to the store to open gifts and have dessert. I didn't go to dinner, ate at home and met them at the store and took a sugar free pudding cup to have while they were doing their treats. I was very satisfied with the pudding and it didn't bother me seeing them eat the "Norman Love" treats.
On a more current note, I'm doing great, feeling good except for my bad right knee which is keeping me from the gym right now until I can get it where I can work out some. Had an injection in it yesterday and they again reminded me that I need a total right knee replacement. I'm hoping as the weight comes off, the pain will decrease and I can put the surgery off for a long time. I'm eating well, a little more than the 2 oz becuase I'm hungry at meal time but Tiffany said that is normal with the swelling going down in my stomach. I'm becoming more aware of my mental vs. physical hunger. When it think I'm hungry, I have a large glass of water and its going away until meal time. I'm not snacking in between meals either which is great. Its a big change from eating every hour on the hour before the surgery.
Watch my posts, I'm going to be posting about Dr. Bass, he's a great doctor and he and Tiffany are wonderful to work with. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone no matter where you are located. I also have to say again that the stay at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, FL was an experience in itself. The staff was great and I felt like a princess in my room. Not the treatment I'm usually used to but a very wonderful experience.

1 comment:

Carolyn Albro said...

WooooWHoo!! Good for you on forgoing the OG dinner and bringing your own snack. That's a HUGE step : ) Keep it up : )