Friday, December 12, 2008

First check up and first weigh in

Yesterday was my first check up appointment with Dr. Bass and my first weigh in since surgery. I am very happy to report that I lost 10 pounds. I'm down to 329 pounds and I dont' mind posting my weight since I'll be losing every month when I go back for check ups. In 4 weeks, i will go back and probably get my first fill. Dr. Bass said it might take 3 or 4 times to get the band right. I'm enjoying my little meals and feel satisfied but not full when I have them. Its just so nice to have some regular food and to be able to chew again. I asked about gum but they dont' want me chewing gum because it triggers the brain to think your eating and could make me more hungry when I'm really not. Now the part I really have to work hard at is determining whether I'm having physical or mental hunger and with an eating disorder and compulsive overeating and binging and also being a food addict, this will be the hardest part of my journey. The lapband is just a tool, i still have to do all the hard work and not try to cheat around the band in order to be a success and I'm going to be a success for sure. I'm going to be going to some support groups through the doctors office and also thinking of finding an overeaters anonymous group I can attend at least once a week too. I am a horrible food addict, I think of food every minute of everyday unless I'm asleep and I have to learn to control that in order to make the band work for me. I"m looking forward to the journey and I know its not going to be easy in any way, the hard work is still up to me like Dr. Bass said and I want to be a success for not only myself but to my family and friends and to Dr. Bass and Tiffany too.
Keep checking my blog for future updates and journaling.

3 comments:

Carolyn Albro said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Ten pounds is awesome : )) What an inspiration. I can SO relate to everything you're saying- about thinking about food all the time, being a binger, compulsive over eating- it's a serious problem and I'm not sure how to stop it. But it has to stop. I'm subscribed to your blog, so I'll be following you on your way. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

That is awesome on your weight loss!! I live what you put in your blog!! I had the surgery back in October of 2007.....I am a cheater....I have only lost about 50 lbs so far. It is the fat girl in me that sabotages me!! I am sure that I am satisfied but my emotional hunger makes me eat more....making me feel like I am just starving!!! Yeah right....well anyways, you will do fabulous and keep up your great work!! I look forward to reading your updates and what you find works; it might help me out since we think and feel alike about food. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Luvkljm said...

That is great about you weight loss. There are so many people who care and support you. There is no doubt that you will succeed.

Hang in there.