Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Its been a great week so far

Just wanted to drop in and post a little today. I'm dealing with my mental part of this very well i think.... I am realizing after many years that food really isn't that big of a deal in massive proportaions. I think its been a habit and of course I'm an emotional eater. I have been so compulsive with my eating for many years I didn't even think anything about it. I did see a psychologist to get an evaluation before being approved for surgery and through talking to him I realized that my out of control eating started when I lost my grandmother in 1994. I was heavy before but no where near this heavy and I wasn't compulsively eating, just eating the wrong foods, fast food, pie, cakes, etc. My grandmother raised me and I was very close to her, as close as I have ever been to anyone and dont' think I'll ever feel that again. She was the big love in my life and my reason for being the person that I am today. She was a very caring and loving person and a crafty person and it all rubbed off on me. She got brain cancer in 1994 and chose to not do any chemo or radiation treatments. She lived 9 weeks from the time we found out but it was a good 9 weeks and I stayed with her from the time she woke up until she went to bed at night. When granny passed away we didn't have a funeral or a memorial service which was what she wanted so I really didn't get to say goodbye to her in the traditional way. I really believe that I have been trying to fill the void of her not being here with food to comfort me. Its an eye opener that has come 14 years after her death.
I truly believe I will be able to conquer this eating demon that I have, the lapband surely is going to help that since I can't eat the way I was eating before. Also with alot of prayer with my Lord and Savior and asking for patience and strength will get me through. I also have alot of support from my boyfriend Ron, my family and my friends.
Tomorrow is my first doctors appt. since the surgery and I can't wait to get weighed and see how I did. I will be posting when I get home with the good news!!

No comments: